Got Questions? We've got answers. We think we've covered just about everything you might have questions about, but if we missed something, please don't hesitate to contact us!
How much does it cost for a prescription?
$25 for an eyeglasses prescription.
What am I paying for specifically?
How do I access my prescription?
What do I need to take the test?
All you need is a computer, smartphone and your previous prescription.. We’ve designed the vision test to be easy and accessible to as many people as possible. Here are the things you’ll need to have prior to taking the test:
- A computer and a web-enabled smartphone: The test is a two-screen experience. We turn your web-enabled smartphone into a remote control while your desktop or laptop displays the images. If you do not have a web-enabled phone, you can borrow a friend’s web-enabled smartphone.
- 10-15 minutes: You will go through multiple tests to measure the vision of your right and left eye. You can pause the test at any time.
- Roughly 10 feet of space: Some stages of the test will be completed up to 10 feet from your computer screen.
- Your previous prescription is required. Our doctors use it to ensure your new prescription is clear and comfortable.
Does it matter if I use a desktop or a laptop for this test?
Can anyone take the Vision Test?
- Be 18-55 years old.
- Have a prescription range that is:
o Myopic with spherical power between “-0.25 and -10.00”
o Hyperopic with spherical power between “+0.25 and +3.50”
o Astigmatic with cylinder power between “-0.25 and -3.00”
- Have no history of amblyopia, diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal detachment, brain injuries, neurological issues, etc.
- Have no recent discomfort or symptoms of acute eye pain, flashes and/or floaters in eyes.
Everyone who signs up for our service will be referred to an eye care professional for a follow up eye health exam, and possibly refractive exam services if they do not qualify for prescription services.
Does this test my eye health?
No, this is not an eye health exam. Our service provides patients with a refractive eye test, which only measures a person’s prescription for glasses or contact lenses. A refractive eye test is only part of comprehensive eye care. Because our service is not a replacement for an eye health exam, our doctors recommend that all patients between 18 and 55 years old receive an eye health exam at least once every 2 years.
How often do I need to get my prescription changed?
Where can I use my prescription?
When do I pay for my test?
Why didn’t I get a prescription?
Can I use my insurance?
Do I need a previous prescription to take the test?
Yes, a previous prescription is required. Our doctors use it to ensure your new prescription is clear and comfortable. We’re happy to get a copy from your last doctor, but it can cause delays.
What if I must stop the vision test while in the middle of it?
I have a question about the test or my results, who do I contact?
Please call or email our eye exam customer service support at +1 (866) 314-6941 or email@example.com with any questions you have regarding the test or your results. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.